Sunday, 4 October 2026

The Only Suspect 2 (Pages 57 - 85)

 

SPOILERS!!!

I am confused about what Alex fears with the work on the trail. I thought that he dreaded the discovery of a body, but that is not the case. The murdered woman was found years ago, and when he comes across an elderly lady, called Cordelia, who lived in the area back then, she hints that she recognises his voice. 

In 1995 Rick discovered something else about Marina. Drew, her alleged housemate, was actually her husband, and that is why she never invited him home. When Marina told him after she came across a friend at a pub, who she feared could reveal her truth, Rick noticed that Marina was afraid of her husband. The logical thing would have been to walk away, but Rick didn't. Then as she gave him her address finally, he decided to go and see, and he realised that Marina and her husband had money as they lived in a big detached house and the area was clearly privileged.

I imagine that the woman who was murdered is Marina. She and her husband lived in the street where Alex and his wife now lives and where the trail is. What I am not sure what Alex is afraid of as the body was found years ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment